If your looking for a very user friendly, full featured, and easily customizable social networking platform then phpFox is the clear cut winner. phpFox was created by Benc Enterprises and released in 2005. Over the years, the staff at Benc Enterprises have revised and rebuilt the entire script to vastly improve both the user experience for your potential members, but also make it extremly simple to install, customize, and administer your social network. The current version of phpFox is version 2.x, with new builds being released as additional feature requests are approved.
No knowledge of web design whatsoever.
The installation of phpFox takes only a few minutes. The process is extremely simple as the installer walks you through the steps in a user friendly, easy to follow process. Once the installation is complete, your site is ready to start accepting members. The basic installed site isn’t customized for any particular social network niche, so your going to want to make some customizations such as the name of your site, the banner image, and your site description. Everything is easily customizable within the Admin Control Panel (CP). Within the AdminCP, you can change the layout and design of your site by installing either free or paid themes, or if you are into web design, you could easily create your own theme. The AdminCP lets you control all of the modules that phpFox comes with. These include the following:
- Instant Messenger
- Activity Feed
- User Group Manager
- Subscription program
- Photo and Video sharing
- Personal Messaging
- Market place
- Advertising Module
- Facebook Connect
The included features are the core products you should have to be successful when creating a social network. If you want features that are not provided in the core phpFox product you can either request the feature be added, or look to a third party developer to have the module created. Some popular 3rd party modules available include:
- Spamtrawler – Excellent Spam Filtering module
- Arcade – Let your members play flash games online and compete with others for the top ranks
- Chat room integration
- Contact Importer – Let your members import their email contacts and invite friends to join your community
- SMS Mobile Alerts – Let your members update their information by sending SMS messages to your site.
- Advertisement Module
- Market Place
- Subscription Module
Customization is KING with phpFox
If you want something added to the core script, it’s easy to find developers on the phpFox support forum. The developers on the forum are more than happy to review your needs and provide you with a reasonable quote on any custom work needed. When it comes to the look and feel of your phpFox site, you can add as many themes or layouts as you like. You can allow your members to choose from the various themes, or just lock your site down to one particular look. When it comes to displaying information on the various pages of your social network no coding experience is required! phpFox uses a block based system all customizable from within the AdminCP. An example of a block would be the Shoutbox. The shoutbox module resides within its own block. You can add whatever blocks you would like to see on whichever pages you want them displayed.
Easily retain your members
With phpFox, it is easy to keep your members informed as to what is going on with the site. Each time a friend request, new comment, or personal message is sent to a member, your phpFox site will automatically email your member affected. In addition, you can send both email based or personal message based newsletters to your members. The automated nature of the email functionality keeps members constantly returning to your site and continuing to be active with other members.
Make money with your Social Network
Want to make some good extra income while having an awesome social network? phpFox has some great features included for free that will help you make money. The three features included are:
- Using the Advertisement Module, you can sell advertisement space on your site to members, or companies within your social network’s niche. Additionally, you could sign up to be an affiliate marketer and promote products or services of your choice and collect affiliate commissions.Using the Market Place module, you can sell your own goods on the site. These could be virtual items, or physical items that pertain to your site or the niche you are in. The Market Place can also be used to allow your members to sell their own goods or services.The biggest feature is Subscriptions. With the Subscription module, you can limit access to your site’s standard members, and unlock features to members who subscribe to a higher access plan. You can specify monthly, or annual subscription packages and create various user groups to apply to different subscription packages. If you wanted to make money the way a site like Match.com does, you can allow members to sign up and view profiles for free, but require a subscription to unlock other aspects of the site. Another option would be to lock members out of selling items in the market place unless they subscribe to a user group that has access to sell goods.
The money making potential is limitless with phpFox. Depending on how popular your social network gets and the types of products you sell, types of advertisements, and subscription packages availiable you could easily make over $100.00 a day!
Clear Cut Winner
Start your own social revolution in minutes with phpFox! This script is the clear winner when it comes to the best in pre-built social networking software. phpFox comes with 6 months of support and updates. The staff at Benc Enterprises are very helpful and responsive to tickets. The staff also provide free modifications to members on the forum. When it comes to usability for both members and administration it doesn’t get any better than phpFox. When you look at some of the other competitors out their, you’ll realize that it is not easy to really customize the look and feel of the site design. phpFox does not have that problem due to the highly customizable themes and layout features built into the script’s administration controls.
Be sure to visit phpFox to get more information on the script. Check phpFox out today by clicking here